Cannot wakeup the SDP2430 sometimes, related to console input.

Hi All,

Recently I was working on the power management code of the Linux (and Android). My hardware platform is a TI SDP2430 board. I found the board cannot wakeup from suspend state (through a key press) sometimes. The issue was found on Android (which I ported to the board) first. Then I reproduced it on Linux. The steps are as follows:

1: boot up the omap linux kernel.
2: # echo mem > /sys/power/state
 PM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
 Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
 Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
 Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)
3: press a key on the twl4030 keypad, the system can wake up normally.
4: wait a few seconds, the system goes into suspend automatically.
5: press a key, the system wakes up again.
6: # ajdklfjalfjdklajfdklalghkaljhglkajklajlkjalghlkgahkajhgdkjahgkahgkjPM: Syncing filesystems ... done.
 Freezing user space processes ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
 Freezing remaining freezable tasks ... (elapsed 0.00 seconds) done.
 Suspending console(s) (use no_console_suspend to debug)
7: press a key, the system never wakes up.

Is that the console inputs in step 6 make the system crash?
The kernel version is 2.6.29 with OMAP and Android patches. The console is configured to 8250_SERIAL.

I know there is a pm branch of the linux omap kernel. Should I try it for this issue?

Thanks in advance for any helps.

Best regards,
Ming

NOTE: The information in this message is intended for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. To the extent the recipient(s) is/are bound by a non-disclosure agreement, or other agreement that contains an obligation of confidentiality, with AuthenTec, then this message and/or any attachments shall be considered confidential information and subject to the confidentiality terms of that agreement.  If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient named above, you are notified that you have received this document in error, and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please delete the original message and notify the sender immediately.

Thank You!

AuthenTec, Inc.  http://www.authentec.com