Re: ARM suspend to disk?

Peter Tseng <tsenpet09@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I last posted a few weeks ago; I'm Peter Tseng, using the Gumstix Overo
> for a project. I'm interested in power management and a few related
> things. A few of the things I am interested in are suspend to disk and
> snapshot boot.
>
> I found a page on elinux.org with a few notes on the issue for ARM.
> However, it looks to be a bit outdated:
> http://elinux.org/Suspend_To_Disk_For_ARM
>
> I am wondering how applicable anything on this page is to the current
> omap-pm developments. Or, if not, any pointers on how it might be done -
> for example, if I felt like I should do some hacking to try to get this
> working and contribute these back, a general outline of what I might
> have to do)

Not really and answer to your question since I don't know the answer,
but just curious about your goals, since there may be an easier way.

What do you expect to gain from suspend-to-disk + snapshot boot that
you don't already get from suspend-to-RAM using off-mode?

On OMAP, with off-mode enabled, a suspend to RAM puts the entire OMAP
into full-chip off, and essentially reboots the ARM when waking up
from suspend (or idle) already.

Kevin