RE: OMAP camera port connected to Davinci VPIF port

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] Atleast from description I could see you are referring to TI PSP release, since camera driver is still accepted to main-line.

In that case, the PSP release does support BT656 interface, the only difference from your set-up is, we are getting BT656 stream from Video Decoder TVP5146 and you are getting it from DM6467.

The important points to look for -

	- Interfacing: Since OMAP supports bridge lane shifter, where you can interface your 8 bit data likes to any of 0-15 camera datalines. The release configuration fro lane shifter is 2, that means the interfacing is from 2-11.

	- OMAP35x works in slave mode, that means the synchronization is dependent on incoming pixel clock.

	- Slave driver: You have to have slave driver for your interface. Please refer to tvp514x-int.c
http://arago-project.org/git/people/?p=sriram/ti-psp-omap.git;a=blob;f=drivers/media/video/tvp514x-int.c;h=aa2048b43b9d622c61a96551a8f20a1d75bf0a88;hb=da0c86a8f3bd57fad0ccd05eb1b5e3326d7f36aa

Hope this gives you some pointers.

Thanks,
Vaibhav

> Do I need to write a specific driver for the Davinci VPIF interface? What
> else do I need to do?
[Hiremath, Vaibhav] How are you making sure that DM6467 provides BT656 stream out on data pins.