Re: OMAP4 keypad driver

On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 03:16:08AM +0200, ext Arce, Abraham wrote:
Hi,

I need some help to figure out the best way to incorporate omap4 keypad in linux omap.

First approach, I have a patch that creates a new file, omap4-keypad.c with the following implementations:

- Based on matrix keypac logic
- Using hwmod framework
- Using threaded irq

Second approach, to change existing omap-keypad.c to matrix keypad

Not clear on the path to follow... Thanks for your comments.

isn't that part of the twl6030 pmic ? If so you need a better name for it, something like twl6030-keypad.c

In that case I don't know why do you care about hwmod, but I would need to see the patch anyways.

Well, if you need example code, look at drivers/input/keyboard/twl4030_keypad.c

The driver should be sent to linux-input@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Be sure that it patches scripts/checkpatch.pl --strict and that you're not adding any sparse warnings. Double check Documentation/CodingStyle, Documentation/SubmittingPatches, Documentation/SubmittingDrivers and Documentation/SubmitChecklist.

Be sure that the new driver, comes on one patch of its own and the arch/arm/*omap* changes should come in a separate patch and a third one for defconfig changes.

The rest we can sort out when you send the patch.

--
balbi