Re: linux-omap-pm troubles on Gumstix Overo

Kevin Hilman <khilman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Peter Tseng <tsenpet09@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Hey there,
>>
>> My name's Peter and I'm working with the linux-omap-pm kernel on the
>> Gumstix Overo board for an academic project.
>>
>> Back when the linux-omap-pm branch was still on 2.6.33-rc8, I could
>> compile and run the kernel on the Overo without any problems. Suspend to
>> memory (via mem > /sys/power/state) worked just fine. Unfortunately,
>> ever since 2.6.34-rcX releases started coming out, I have been running
>> into problems:

[...]

>> I have no idea if it simply hangs here, or it is working and simply not
>> printing anything to the serial console. (If it helps at all, the
>> processor *seems* warm, but I cannot be sure of this).
>
> What's your commandline?
>
> Can you try enabling CONFIG_DEBUG_LL=y and and CONFIG_EARLY_PRINTK=y
> and append 'earlyprintk' on the kernel command line.
>
> This will hopefully give more detailed reasons for the dump.
>
> I seem to have corrupted the flash on my overo so it's not booting
> currently, but the current PM branch kernel does boot fine on my
> beagle C3.

OK, after some more digging, the Overo was hitting the same boot
problem I've been trying to track on Zoom3.  I have now fixed this and
the PM branch omap3_pm_defconfig should boot again for Overo and
Zoom3.

I've updated the PM branch now which includes a fix for a problem
introduced in in 2.6.34 due to early enabling of interrupts (see
details on LKML[1]).  Interstingly, this was seen on PM branch where I
use the SLUB allocator by default, and not on l-o master where the
SLAB allocator is still used by default.

Please pull a fresh PM branch and see if you get it booting on Overo.

Thanks,

Kevin

[1] http://lkml.org/lkml/2010/4/7/301