RE: vdds_dsi doesn't exist on all omap3430 arch chip

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] Yes, this is an OMAP-like SoC with some new IP addition and some got removed. But the DSS block is exactly same as OMAP3.

> I think this power issue should be asked from some TI HW guy who can
> tell us what is going on there. If OMAP3430 requires vdds_dsi power to
> power all the pins (and this is still unclear, although it is the
> current assumption), then which OMAP variants need the power and which
> do not?

[Hiremath, Vaibhav] I will take this issue and explore more on this, but as I said will be able to spend time after next week only.

> Also something related I've been wondering: Different OMAP versions have
> different DSS features. Currently we check these features by checking
> what OMAP version we're running on.
>
> But there is a readable revision number in the DSS HW blocks, and if
> that could be used to choose which features are available, it'd be a
> much better solution. TRM doesn't mention these revision numbers. I
> wonder if TI has a list of DSS revisions...
[Hiremath, Vaibhav] Yes you are right, TRM doesn't talk about it. I will try to get further details on this.

Thanks,
Vaibhav