Re: PM: VDD2 OPPs

"Andrew Murray" <amurray@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> For some reason I thought that enable_off_mode, voltage_off_when_idle
> and sleep_when_idle are disabled by default - thus the only way to make
> use of these features in a production system would be to mount debugfs
> and use the controls.
>
> The documentation on the elinux wiki suggests this is the case
> (http://elinux.org/OMAP_Power_Management#Features_2). Also the
> corresponding u32 variables for these properties don't appear to be
> initialised anywhere in the kernel. Unless I've missed something?

Yes, they are disabled by default because current linux-omap PM branch
does not have full off-mode support, so if they were enabled by
default there would likely be more complaints due to drivers without
off-mode support etc.

As we approach a kernel that has full off-mode support, we will likely
change the defaults to enabled and eventually remove the options
completely.

Kevin