Enabling HSUSB1 port on OMAP3430 labrador

Dear All,

We are trying to make the HSUSB1 port on the OMAP3430 work as an USB host.
To do that, an ISP1507A ULPI HighSpeed USB transceiver is connected to the HSUSB1pins (HSUSB1_STP, CLK, D-0..D7, DIR, NXT).

I have all these USB related kernel config options enabled:
USB_EHCI_HCD
USB_OHCI_HCD
USB_MUSB_HDRC
TWL4030_USB

My guess was that either EHCI or the Inventra should be the one enabling that USB port on the OMAP, but no luck.
The external USB port on the MDK works fine with this configuration.

The pin multiplexing configuration in the board file omap3430-labrador.c in u-boot also seems to be correct (although the config of USB1_STP seems to be strange, but changing that didn't work either).

My assumption is that the ISP1507A does not need support from the kernel, as it acts as an ULPI transceiver only, but please correct me on this point if wrong.

What happens is that after connecting an USB mouse is that the LED is on for a sec, but nothing is written in the kernel log. We can see that the transceiver is generating a clock signal, but for some reason, the STP is constantly high.

I've also tried setting the port to PHY or TLL, but didn't help. I guess PHY is the correct setting in this situation, right?
Note, the ISP1507A is connected to the following pins of the BGA:
HSUSB1_STP (AF10)
HSUSB1_CLK (AE10)
HSUSB1_DIR (AF9)
HSUSB1_NXP (AG9)
HSUSB1_D0 (AF11)
HSUSB1_D1 (AG12)
HSUSB1_D2 (AH12)
HSUSB1_D3 (AH14)
HSUSB1_D4 (AE11)
HSUSB1_D5 (AH9)
HSUSB1_D6 (AF13)
HSUSB1_D7 (AE13)

Any suggestion on making this work is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help,
Peter