RE: Memory performance / Cache problem

Yep, benchmark is only useful so far.  If you control factors it can be useful but it's far from 1-1, to extrapolate it to something meaningful at system level.

You can actually get even 'better' numbers if you take the DDR part geometry into mind and SDRC (sdram-controller) scheduler.  Our silicon validation people report out of this world numbers for very specific test cases.  These are component tests for the memory controller to make sure it behaves.  If you alternate between open banks you can do really fast operations.

A good amount of that test is not practical to count on at HLOS level.  It can help explain some anomalies and help in designing a fair test.

Regards,
Richard W.