Re: Regression with e428e250fde6 on BeagleBoard Rev C2

On 9/22/21 1:07 PM, Tony Lindgren wrote:
>> Hmm.. no luck on top of d5f6545934c4 ("qnx4: work around gcc false
>> positive warning bug") with the patch. Nothing gets printed after
>> "Starting kernel ...". Without the patch boots fine.
>
> OK interesting. Best to keep the booting quirk handling for beagle
> rev a to b4 then. No reason to keep the timer quirks for rev b5 and c
> boards though.
>
> Can you try the following patch that removes the quirks for omap3-beagle
> by default?
>
> The patch also adds a new omap3-beagle-ab4.dts that keeps the current
> quirks and also limits the pmic capabilities for the old known buggy
> boards.

Better luck with this one but looks like idling cause "undefined
instruction" crash. Cache/memory etc corruption perhaps? Serial console
log attached.

I used the new omap3-beagle-ab4.dtb:

cat arch/arm/boot/dts/omap3-beagle-ab4.dtb >>arch/arm/boot/zImage; ma
LOADADDR=0x80008000 uImage

> I also noticed that omap3-beagle.dts is missing the twl power node
> probably because of the rev a to b4 quirks.
>
> Adding the twl power node with "ti,twl4030-power-idle-osc-off" similar
> to beagle xm might produce some nice power savings after the quirks are
> gone :)
>
> Needs to be tested with kernel serial console detached and serial
> port autoidle configured. That's a different patch for sure.

I guess the timer change would be the fix and twl changes for normal
development cycle?

Jarkko