Re: Nokia N900 on 5.4 and 5.5

On Sat, 8 Feb 2020 at 02:48, Merlijn Wajer <merlijn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 07/02/2020 21:20, Arthur D. wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > I was able to build linux-5.5 and run it on N900 with no problems.
> > Even WiFi works, mmc0 is in place too. It seems you're doing something
> > wrong.
>
> Well, I didn't try mmc0 on 5.5 (since it was also non-booting due to
> issue below), so I will have to try that this weekend. The steps I
> applied to build either kernels (5.1 with our patches, 5.4.18 and 5.5.2
> are identical, except for the defconfig for our 5.1 branch)
>
> > Were you able to build linux-5.1 with your scripts and run it on the
> > phone? I mean the pure linux-5.1 without configs and changes done
> > in https://github.com/maemo-leste/n9xx-linux.
> >
> > BTW, I didn't find STACKPROTECTOR_PER_TASK option to be enabled in
> > omap2plus_defconfig.
>
> Well, I can assure you it was turned on on my system after a
> omap2plus_defconfig. I do run Gentoo Hardened on my daily systems, so
> perhaps that somehow makes a difference in what defconfig is picked.
>
> Either way - the option is turned on by default after I make
> omap2plus_defconfig, and it breaks appended DTB loading, so I hope we
> can look at fixing that.

The STACKPROTECTOR_PER_TASK Kconfig option is only selectable if the
prerequisite GCC headers are found on your system which are needed to
build GCC plugins.

Is there any way you can enable early serial output one one of these
boards, to see if you are making it through the decompressor all the
way into the kernel?