Re: Nokia N900 on 5.4 and 5.5

Hi,

On 07/02/2020 21:20, Arthur D. wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I was able to build linux-5.5 and run it on N900 with no problems.
> Even WiFi works, mmc0 is in place too. It seems you're doing something
> wrong.

Well, I didn't try mmc0 on 5.5 (since it was also non-booting due to
issue below), so I will have to try that this weekend. The steps I
applied to build either kernels (5.1 with our patches, 5.4.18 and 5.5.2
are identical, except for the defconfig for our 5.1 branch)

> Were you able to build linux-5.1 with your scripts and run it on the
> phone? I mean the pure linux-5.1 without configs and changes done
> in https://github.com/maemo-leste/n9xx-linux.
>
> BTW, I didn't find STACKPROTECTOR_PER_TASK option to be enabled in
> omap2plus_defconfig.

Well, I can assure you it was turned on on my system after a
omap2plus_defconfig. I do run Gentoo Hardened on my daily systems, so
perhaps that somehow makes a difference in what defconfig is picked.

Either way - the option is turned on by default after I make
omap2plus_defconfig, and it breaks appended DTB loading, so I hope we
can look at fixing that.

Cheers,
Merlijn