Re: Question about drm/omap: Remove panel-dpi driver

Hello Adam,

On Wed, Aug 21, 2019 at 08:14:43PM -0500, Adam Ford wrote:
> I know it's been nearly 9 months this this was removed, but for those
> of us who still define our displays in the device tree expecting the
> dpi-panel, we're not getting video.
>
> The commit message only states:
>
>     Panels are now supported through the drm_panel infrastructure, remove
>     the omapdrm-specific driver.
>
> It does not give examples of how to do this, and I feel like we should
> have been given some warning or indication.  Is there an example I can
> follow for linking a dpi panel into the omap DSS?

Sorry to have left you with non-working systems :-(

If the panel is supported by a mainline DRM panel driver the change
should be transparent (provided of course that the driver is compiled in
the kernel or as a module). Most panels are supported by the
panel-simple driver (CONFIG_DRM_PANEL_SIMPLE), with a few dozen of other
panels supported by dedicated drivers (in drivers/gpu/drm/panel/)

Could you point me to the DT sources of one (or all) of the affected
systems ?

--
Regards,

Laurent Pinchart