Project Announcement of an updated PRU User Space API under BeagleBoard.org

Hello,

My name is Pratim Ugale and I will be developing Open Source Code for
BeagleBoard.org as a student of Google Summer of Code (GSoC) 2019. I
got this email from Mr. Jason Kridner, he said that an announcement
was needed regarding what I'll be working on.

The project will involve making updated bindings/API for controlling
the PRUs using the RemoteProc, RPMsg drivers. (In earlier projects
like 'PyPRUSS', the UIO driver was being used) It will provide an easy
to use interface for loading firmware, controlling execution and
interrupts/memory management for the PRUs, therefore shortening the
learning curve for users new to PRU programming and also allowing
seamless integration of PRU functionality to larger projects.

The project code will mostly be in the userspace-only, a kernel module
will also be needed for a dedicated driver-probing-id, for the rpmsgs
when using the APIs.

Please let me know if there are any suggestions, features that you
would like me to include to make the project more efficient.

Regards,

Pratim Ugale.