Re: omap_hsmmc + gta04 + sdio irq + runtime_suspend + 4 bit = trouble

On Mon, 12 Nov 2018 12:49:48 -0800
Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> * Andreas Kemnade <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [181112 19:45]:
> > Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Looking at the commit above, looks like the sdio irq handling is
> > > missing runtime PM calls.. So I wonder if we can just do the
> > > following?
> >
> > Well, if we have runtime PM calls there, the device will never
> > runtime-suspend with sdio irq enabled, so we do not need a working
> > wakeup irq.
>
> It should, as it calls this at the end:
>
> pm_runtime_mark_last_busy(host->dev);
> pm_runtime_put_autosuspend(host->dev);
>
> So the device should stay awake for a while, the default
> value seems to be 100ms.

ok, I misread your patch. I do not think it will change anything
about our current problem, but it should be a good idea in general.

> > > In theory setting the wlan mmc instance autosuspend_timeout_ms to -1
> > > in sysfs should then do what your patch is doing except for enabling
> > > sdio irq even without a wakeirq configured.
> > >
> > Well, if sdio irq is not enabled, then the mentioned functions will
> > never be called, so the patch will not change anything...
> >
> > But what might be a better idea is to guard this thing by
> > if (host->wakeirq)
>
> If there's no wakeirq configured, then yes an additional
> pm_runtime_get() should be done like your patch is doing
> to prevent system from idling. From what I recall, the
> sdio irq will only work if no idle state is ever entered.

Well, omap_hsmmc needs its clocks. having runtime active seems to
be enough.

Regards,
Andreas