Re: LDP support

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 03:42:37PM -0700, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> * Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [090428 15:07]:
> > Tony, et.al.,
> >
> > Any ideas when more LDP support will be pushed into mainline (such as
> > the framebuffer support)?
>
> I'll be looking at the board-*.c patches for the next merge window
> hopefully this week or next week.
>
> Looks like LDP keyboard, touchscreen & RTC are pretty much ready
> to go. Then the MMC has some regulator updates, but AFAIK the MMC
> should work OK already.
>
> For the framebuffer, Imre and Tomi know the status the best, so
> I've added them to Cc.
>
> Imre has been meaning to send a bunch of drivers/video/omap changes
> to the fbdev list for a while now and LDP framebuffer may depend on
> those. Imre, any news on the status of sending the fb patches
> upstream?
>
> Then there are the upcoming DSS patches from Tomi, but those still
> need some work before they're ready to go.

Okay, now that I've merged your tree, we've moved a few steps forward but
a couple of steps backward with LDP support:

1. LDP LCD platform device added
2. GPIO keyboard platform data added
3. TWL4030 keyboard platform data added
4. TSC2046 touchscreen platform data added
5. MMC has regressed - no sign of the driver initializing, not even an
   error message from it, so I can't boot to check what the status of
   these are.
6. do ___NOT___ (underscored in triplicate and 500ft high letters) enable
   ARM errata 460075 - it solidly prevents the kernel booting on LDP.
   (it's taken many hours to debug that.)

However, things that still seem to be missing:

1. GPIO keyboard (presumably) needs to be enabled in omap_ldp_defconfig
2. No TWL4030 keyboard driver merged (not even in linux-next)
3. No LDP LCD driver merged
4. No OMAP3 video driver
5. No sound?

Any ideas what's happening with these?  Will they make the next merge
window (which is possibly about a week away) - I guess not. :(