OMAP3/4/5 ABB Regulator driver question (invalid value on omap36xx)

I am running some experiments on the DM3730 trying to read the
abb_mpu_iva regulator voltage. The min and max voltage readings of
abb_mpu_iva seem to match the table from the device tree for the
omap36xx, however when I read the microvolts, it returns and invalid
number.

# cat min_microvolts
1012500
# cat max_microvolts
1375000
# cat microvolts
-22

While booting the omap3 also returns are messages:
[    3.105560] omap2_set_init_voltage: unable to find boot up OPP for
vdd_mpu_iva
[    3.113037] omap2_set_init_voltage: unable to set vdd_mpu_iva

I don't know if their related.

I am trying to push the DM3730 to OPP1G which means enabling the ABB.
According to the device tree and the TRM, this register should be
483072f0 and when I read this register with the DM3730 pushed to 1000
MHz, the returned value is 0x00, meaning ABB is still off.

Since the twl4030 PMIC is sourcing the power to the processor from
I am associating the cpu supply to to vcc with  cpu0-supply = <&vcc>;

I have modified the operating table for 1000MHz, and from what I can
tell the vcc is the correct operating voltage when operating at 1GHz,
but it looks like we somehow need to associate the abb_mpu_iva
regulator it properly sets up the operating points so ABB is enabled.

I looked through how other boards do this.  The dra7 references the
abb regulator by vbb-supply = <&abb_mpu> but I am not seeing anything
like that for omap3/4/5.

So I have two questions:

How does the abb driver know what the current state of the processor
is so can set the values properly?

Does it seem reasonable that other processors should have a vbb-supply
reference to use the ti-abb-regulator driver to keep it in sync with
the operating voltage and frequency of the processor?

adam