Re: power management problems in ehci-omap

On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 11:55:02 +0100
Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi Andreas
>
> On Sun, Feb 4, 2018 at 11:50 AM, Andreas Kemnade <andreas@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 09:43:45 +0100
> > Michael Nazzareno Trimarchi <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Andreas

> >> Just to understand if the suspend current drop was connected to the
> >> suspend of lte modem on your side.
> >> So you don't have anything connected on usb bus?
> >>
> > Suspend current is increased when the ehci-omap module is loaded
> > in comparison to the state. I tested with the modem disabled, so there
> > is nothing on the bus. Increased suspend current is one thing,
> > current_before_modprobe_ehci_omap != current_after_rmmod_ehci_omap.
> >
> > I am testing with init=some_testscript.sh, so no userspace
> > is doing strange things. No module autoload or something.

Ok, there is some heavy EBCAK involved. I just did an
echo rmmod
without a real rmmod. But the suspend thing is still valid.

Sorry for the confusion.

To avoid further confusion I have uploaded these two scripts
I have given to the kernel.
http://misc.andi.de1.cc/measure4.sh

output from that:
no modules: cur: 61047 delta: 61047
before: 423462
after: 421326
average 25632 uA over 300 seconds
 cur: 60333 delta: -714
+ehci-omap cur: 93712 delta: 33379
-ehci-omap cur: 60511 delta: -33201
before: 420792
after: 418656
average 25632 uA over 300 seconds

http://misc.andi.de1.cc/measure5.sh
output from that:

no modules: cur: 61225 delta: 61225
before: 427734
after: 425598
average 25717 uA over 299 seconds
 cur: 59797 delta: -1428
+ehci-omap cur: 93712 delta: 33915
before: 425242
after: 421860
average 40719 uA over 299 seconds

The 40mA is too high. We have had measurements below 30mA even with
modem enabled with some pre-dt setup (Kernel 3.7)

Regards,
Andreas