RE: OMAP35x GP TIMER as a wakeup trigger

Are you refering to the "suspend" state coming from:
echo mem > /sys/power/state
OR
One of the idle states C0-C6?

To understand the wakeup sequence from suspend; take a look at:
arch/arm/mach-omap2/serial.c
...esp the IOPAD configuration.

You will have to do something similar.

~sanjeev