Re: Kernel 4.4 OMAP3630 MUSB with TWL4030 Problem

* Adam Ford <aford173@xxxxxxxxx> [160930 11:22]:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2016 at 11:56 AM, Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > * Adam Ford <aford173@xxxxxxxxx> [160929 10:54]:
> >> Does anyone with an OMAP3 board (not 33xx) have any problems
> >> communicating with USB devices with a TWL4030 under the Kernel 4.4.y
> >> branch?
> >>
> >> I can get devices to enumerate (keyboard, USB thumb drive, removable
> >> hard drive, CD-ROM drive and mouse), but I cannot mount any of the
> >> storage devices and the mouse and keyboard get power, but no
> >> communcation.  I tried doing a hexdump of mouse0 and received no data
> >> when I move the mouse.
> >>
> >> Whatever the issue is, appears to have been fixed in the 4.7 Kernel,
> >> but I'm trying to stay on an LTS kernel. I am able to mount drives,
> >> use the mouse, keyboard, etc. using the same device tree, so I think
> >> it's a kernel driver issue somewhere.  I am focussing on the MUSB
> >> driver for now.
> >>
> >> I'm running git bisect now to see if I can identify what happened, but
> >> I thought I'd ask.  If I can determine what patch/patches fix it, I'll
> >> reply back.
> >
> > Best to check what got applied after v4.4 to v4.4.y for musb. If
> > that does not solve it, there are probably missing fixes in the
> > mainline kernel for musb that are not in v4.4.y.
> >

> There are two patches that I applied from 4.7.y that made the 4.4.y
> LTS kernel work.
>
> bba40e6948b94cba71965285fbac31bd078c024a  and
> 4c2ba0c67394514f3f75c660c9f5d02e66a7efd4
>
> Once applied, the OTG controller works on 4.4.y

OK makes sense. Those are fixes to the wreckage I (again) caused
for musb by making it possible to be used on multiplatform..

> Is there any way we can push those patches to the 4.4.y LTS support
> since they both fix bugs?

Yes you can request those to be added to 4.4.y LTS kernel,
just take a look at Documentation/stable_kernel_rules.txt on
how to do that.

Regards,

Tony