Re: OMAP3 DSS Custom Color Palettes

On 19/09/16 16:41, Adam Ford wrote:
> I have a custom Palette that works in Windows CE, and we're trying to
> migrate to Linux using the 4.4.y kernel on an DM3730 (OMAP 3630).
> Originally, we were hoping to use the color phase rotation, but the
> conversion from our standard palette to the custom palette isn't
> linear, so I am not sure the CPR feature in the processor will be
> sufficient.
>
> The LCD is a 16-bit LCD, and the Windows palette has three 256-byte
> table each one representing red,green and blue. Upon demand, we need
> to change from using one palette to another.  Both palette tables are
> the exact same size.
>
> I was looking at the color lookup table, but it doesn't appear as if
> it's fully implemented.  Does anyone have any old patches laying
> around or suggestions on how one might implement a lookup table or
> something similar in the DSS?

Correct, the CLUT modes are not supported by the driver (and, if I
recall right, never has).

The CLUT modes are quite simple in principle, but I think there are
quite many corner cases that need to be handled when using CLUT modes
(related to scaling, and things like that). So it might be quite
straightforward to hack it in, but more work is probably needed to make
it reliable.

 Tomi