Re: OMAP3 Reset Controller Question

On 02/09/16 05:52, Adam Ford wrote:
Tony,

There were a bunch of patches from TI that were submitted, but I don't
see any followup.

For example,
https://patchwork.kernel.org/patch/7257051/

This series has been abandoned for now.

I know they are a year old, but I am trying to get caught up on how
the device tree stuff works regarding the reset, and how hwmods relate
to the device tree, etc.

Currently, the relationship is pretty much missing. There are plans to build a new reset driver implementation on top of the interconnect driver that Tony is working on. However, this is going to take some time to get into mainline still, as there are missing dependencies like this one which requires major rework also: http://www.spinics.net/lists/arm-kernel/msg515300.html

I was looking through some of the TI drivers, and it looks like they
are applying some patches to add SGX to the device tree for the AM33x
and AM43x but none of that stuff has made it to the mainline.  similar
concepts seems reasonable to me to place into the 3430/3630 DTSI
files, but there seem to be different schools of thought, and I don't
fully understand the big picture.

DT is a beast to tackle, I'm not sure if anybody has the grasp of the big picture of it...

I have some patches that I'd let to post for feedback, but the patches
still seem to be missing something (since the driver complains about
NULL pointers) and some of the entries into the hwmod and confusing to
me but I have tried mapping them to the TRM.

I guess you could just post the patches as RFC to get some feedback.

-Tero