RE: omap_wdt: modprobe fails

Looks like it. I had noticed it broken in one older tree a while back.

The probe routine at omap_wdt_disable() touches registers without trying to enable the clocks to the module.  Before this a clk_get happens but no clk_enable.

314         platform_set_drvdata(pdev, wdev);
315
316         omap_wdt_disable(wdev);

Actually there were a number of bugs here.  The only reason the probe works at all is because the boot loader turned the clock on to stop it.  If you make sure its shut off in loader you will crash here normally.

Some fixes were made in an older tree which you can draw from to fix it.

http://git.omapzoom.org/?p=repo/omapkernel.git;a=commitdiff;h=c1753c36b04db34660b6df94e5f395401985f0da

Regards,
Richard W.