RE: YUV rotation support for DSS2 - 2.6.29 [WAS Re: Hello Tomi Valkeinen, I have some questions about dss2 driver.]

[Shah, Hardik] I have also patched the DSS to support the DSS YUV rotation.  Here the rotation type is passed to know the type of rotation required by driver.  I have also modified the FBDEV driver to use this patch.  Please find the both patches.  I have tested it on the old master of tomi. Commit id is 4261fafc4fdc0730b3d4dd83c036d8be09ec8575.  I am planning to rebase it on the latest master soon. I have tested the FBDEV driver with different rotation and resolution settings.

> 2. If I try to rotate both plane 0 and plane 1 to either 90 degrees or
> 270 (doesn't matter which is which), as soon as you try to play a video
> you get VID1_FIFO_UNDERFLOW error messages, so it seems that the
> hardware seems to be struggling a little when you have two sets of
> 90/270 degree rotations. If one of the planes is 0/180 and the other
> is 90/270, then everything is fine. Would changing the FIFO settings
> somehow improve this or do you have any ideas about what else might make
> it work better?
[Shah, Hardik] In past I saw setting the FIFO size eliminates this problem.  I have some FIFO setting can you please try this out and let me know the result.
FIFO_HIGH_THRES = 0x3FC and GFX_FIFO_LOW_THRES = 0x3BC.  This I tried in on OMAP3.

Regards,
Hardik Shah

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Grégoire Gentil