Re: Preempt-RT on OMAP3?

On Tue, Apr 7, 2009 at 3:36 PM, David Brownell <david-b@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Monday 06 April 2009, Hugo Vincent wrote:
>> Here is a complete boot log + config:
>> http://hugovincent.com/files/lkml-20090407/boot2.log
>
> Erm, not very complete actually.  Enable DEBUG_LL to see
> more early messages ... like the ones starting right
> after the kernel decompression messages.

How's this?
http://hugovincent.com/files/lkml-20090407/boot3.log

(In case it isn't clear, we get messages twice because console and
debug_LL are on the same serial port. I also had to increase
CONFIG_LOG_BUF_SHIFT to get a complete log in dmesg.)

> Also, re those udev-induced messages:
>
> Remounting root file system...
> uncorrectable error : <3>end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 0
> Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock0, logical block 0
> uncorrectable error : <3>uncorrectable error : <3>end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 8
> Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock0, logical block 1
> end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 16
> Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock0, logical block 2
> uncorrectable error : <3>end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 24
> Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock0, logical block 3
> uncorrectable error : <3>end_request: I/O error, dev mtdblock0, sector 0
> Buffer I/O error on device mtdblock0, logical block 0
>
> You shouldn't need mtdblock unless you run JFSS2, so that's
> the quick way to get rid of them:  take that out of your
> kernel configuration.  Else, add "mtdblock*" to
> the "KERNEL==... ; goto persistent_storage_end" check in
>
>  /etc/udev/rules.d/60-persistent-storage.rules
>
> I understand the next version of udev will fix that.

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I am using JFFS2 for now - perhaps I
should switch to UBIFS.

-- Hugo