Re: Benchmarking: POP flash vs. MMC?

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 12:41 AM, Artem Bityutskiy <dedekind@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> David Hagood wrote:
>>
>> Well, that's not what I would have expected - I would have thought
>> reads on POP would have been faster than that, and cheaper - the SD
>> being the same speed but less CPU is surprising.
>
> 1. As Russ and David said, OneNAND driver does not really
> use DMA, because the I/O is done in 2K chunks, and this
> is just too small piece of data for DMA.

All very relevant, but just to avoid confusion; the tests were
performed on a Beagleboard with 256MB of Micron NAND.

http://www.micron.com/products/partdetail?part=MT29C2G24MAKLAJG-6 IT

Also, it appears from looking an the openzoom git, there are some
patches to add DMA support in, but I'm not sure what effect they have.