Re: MMC2 support in linux-omap-2.6.27 (omap1)

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 6:13 AM, Shankar Ganesh
<shankarganeshk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 2:16 PM, Adrian Hunter <adrian.hunter@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>>
>> twebb wrote:

>>> I found at least part of my problem.  SDVS field of HCTL was being set
>>> to 0x7 (3.3V) instead of 0x5 (1.8V), and apparently MMC2 must be set
>>> for 0x5.
>>> --
>>>

>> The most up to date omap_hsmmc.c is here:
>>

>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/drzeus/mmc.git;a=blob;f=drivers/mmc/host/omap_hsmmc.c;h=488f222054f8a1493142d02da526c951def5ddfe;hb=next
>>
>> That includes the 10 patches on LKML except number 8
>>
>> --
>

> Refer  http://git.omapzoom.com/?p=repo/omapkernel.git;a=summary ; has working
> MMC2 code. Also this version detects eMMC on MMC2

I'm having difficulty detecting eMMC flash on MMC2.  I ported in the
code from the git, and most everything looks good.  However, it always
fails detecting the eMMC with a timeout.  If I handpoke commands to
the eMMC I see the same thing - even with the most basic commands.  I
see CLK and CMDs going to the eMMC, but never see any responses on the
CMD line from the eMMC.  Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?  (I do
have an SD card working fine on MMC1.  Also, the eMMC flash is
hardwired with power and has no CardDetect or WriteProtect logic - so
none of that should be an issue.)

Help,
twebb

(sorry for double posting)