Re: Patch to parameterize DMA_MIN_BYTES for omap2-mcspi

Hi Greg,

* Greg Knight <g.knight@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> [150318 12:38]:
> Hi, linux-omap,
>
> I've attached a patch which adds a device-tree field "ti,dma-min-bytes"
> which replaces the macro DMA_MIN_BYTES. Adjusting this field addresses
> issues we've had where, in our particular use case, the usleep() in the
> SPI worker thread eats a full 20% of our CPU (AM3359).
>
> I opted to implement it as a device-tree parameter and keep the original
> value (160) as the default, in order to avoid impacting anyone else.
>
> The patch is attached. Patches 1-2 are an unrelated McASP change (see my
> other message).
>
> What is the process for getting this upstreamed?

Well I suggest you run get_maintainer.pl on your patches to figure
out who to send them to for review. For example this one:

$ scripts/get_maintainer.pl -f drivers/spi/spi-omap2-mcspi.c
Mark Brown <broonie@xxxxxxxxxx> (maintainer:SPI SUBSYSTEM)
linux-spi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (open list:SPI SUBSYSTEM)
linux-kernel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (open list)

Also you might want to run scripts/checkpatch.pl --strict on them
to sort out any formatting issues etc.

And if it's omap related patch, please cc also the linux-omap
mailing list too.

That's pretty much all that's needed, then just update the patches
baded on people's comments :) Good idea to fix up these issues
in the upstream kernel.

Regards,

Tony