Re: OMAP 4430 SDP: rather sick with recent kernels

On 12/17/2014 08:51 PM, Russell King - ARM Linux wrote:
On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 09:23:33AM -0800, Tony Lindgren wrote:
Hi,

* Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [141217 01:55]:
Tony,

As the IOMMU stuff was merged last night, which removed a really quite
horrid conflict resolution, I updated my nightly build tree from its
previous state last Thursday.

Now, SDP4430 seems to be really quite broken.

Sigh, things are just break left and right every merge window :(

Some of these things were present before the merge window, so they're
less of a concern.  The biggest problem though is the ABE ASoC stuff
exploding, which prevents my test system getting anywhere near mounting
its rootfs.

It's fine in the "combined" case, because we end up totally dead as
far as serial console goes, but the "omap4430" kernel boot test never
ends because the kernel doesn't stop spewing "rcu_sched stall" messages.

I tried booting my 4460 Panda - which is the closest thing to 4430SDP that I've got - on next-20141217, but I could not get it to the point where the omap-abe-twl6040 probed. It probably is the problem you are talking about as the hang does not happen if I disable ASoC ABE all together, right?

I'll take a deeper look at it tomorrow, as Peter is not working ATM.

Best regards,
Jyri