Re: SGX support on AM572x

On 13:58-20141111, John Syn wrote:

> On 11/11/14, 11:54 AM, "Nishanth Menon" <nm@xxxxxx> wrote:
>
> >On 11:17-20141111, John Syn wrote:
> >> With the release of the Beagleboard-X15 in February 2015, I¹m trying to
> >> get a handle on the status of SGX support for the AM572x processor. Is
> >> anyone working on adding this support and is there any schedule for
> >> releasing SGX on AM572x? There is a lot of interest on the beagleboard
> >> mailing list, but SGX support seems to be a big stumbling block.
> >
> >1. Are you looking for SGX driver support in
> >https://git.kernel.org/cgit/linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux.git/ ?
> >
> >OR
> >
> >2. Are you looking for distro support?
> >
> >OR
> >3. Are you looking for what TI release(if any) will contain?
> >
> >for (1) you already have response from beagleboard mailing list - TI, to
> >my knowledge will not support IMG[1] drivers in kernel.org - at least no
> >known activity in the past present or future to do that.
> Yeah, I think this is clearly understood.
> >
> >For (2): as the distro folks how they want to do things - again depends
> >on where you are getting your distro from.
> The official distro for Beagleboard-X15 is Robert Nelson’s Debian distro,
> but as long as SGX is available for AM572x, I’m sure Robert will find a
> way to get this working.

I suppose - you should probably use which ever mailing list meant for
Debian and Robert for that discussion. we discuss kernel.org kernel in
this list. obviously many stuff Robert does pick up comes from here -
lets stick with that.

> >For (3): use TI support channel over e2e Phorums[2] and look at relevant
> >TI release's release notes. Things like [3] are handled properly that
> >way.
> I took a look in e2e and I did find one promising posting:
>
> http://e2e.ti.com/support/omap/f/885/t/366372.aspx
>
> However, this article and your reference [3] are for V3.8 and I believe
> BeagleBoard-X15 will be released with V3.14 or V3.18. So my question is
> related to [3] and SGX support for either V3.14 or V3.18.

I do think that discussion has the wrong audience in this mailing list.

We dont deal with SGX drivers in upstream kernel. If you need to know
from TI, use e2e and ask on the thread - TI formal reply can only come
from that source.

--
Regards,
Nishanth Menon