Re: regressions in linux-next?

* Javier Martinez Canillas <javier@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [140424 08:37]:
> Hello,
>
> On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 5:25 PM, Nishanth Menon <nm@xxxxxx> wrote:

> >> Unfortunately, my OMAP1 (omap5912/OSK[1]) died last year and I haven't been
> >> able to get it booting again.  I wonder if Spectrum Digital still has
> >> these available?  Their websites[1] says "call for price."
> >>
> >> Kevin
> >>
> >> [1] http://www.spectrumdigital.com/product_info.php?products_id=39
> >

> > Perhaps dumb question: but are there folks who really care about omap1
> > boot anymore in upstream? should it be time to deprecate it - say for
> > 3.17 or so?
> >
> > Regards,
> > Nishanth Menon
>
> I know that at least Aaro Koskinen (cc'ed here) still uses mainline on
> OMAP1 boards and he is always very helpful when is asked to test some
> changes on this platform.
>
> Having said that I also wonder if at least we should split omap
> drivers to have separate support for DT-only (or in a path to be) and
> non-DT (and with no work towards migration) platforms. Since trying to
> support both DT and legacy booting is each time more hard.

It really should not matter what the configuration data for the
drivers is. Both platform_data and DT data should be easily supported.

And we're moving towards using platform_get_irq() and other functions
for drivers anyways as that's generic for all the drivers no matter
what the driver data source is.

Regards,

Tony