Re: new PM branch available

"Peter 'p2' De Schrijver" <peter.de-schrijver@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hi Kevin,
>
>> Hi Peter,
>>
>> "Peter 'p2' De Schrijver" <peter.de-schrijver@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>>

>> A first guess: this sounds like CONFIG_OMAP_RESET_CLOCKS=y is missing
>> from your .config.
>>
>> The MPU/NEON going active but not RET is an indication to me that some
>> fclk is active so that the fclk check in omap3_can_sleep() fails, so a
>> WFI is never attempted.  That's shy
>>

> Ok. I did enable CONFIG_OMAP_RESET_CLOCKS. But with your config file
> only PER and CORE did not go to retention. One difference is that I did
> not enable smartreflex, but as B5 (and B4) are using OMAP3s without
> proper efuse values, smartreflex shouldn't matter I assume ?
>
> I upgrade my u-boot to the latest version, and then PER went to
> retention as well.

Did you happen to notice what was keeping PER out of retention before
the u-boot upgrade?  Looks like we might still need some init-time
reset code to compensate for bootloaders.

> The only way to get core to retention was to force idle USBOTG and
> disable the USBOTG driver.

This is the same issue on 3430SDP.  The PM branch code does the
force-idle, and I usually have USB built as modules and not loaded
when I do the tests.

I'm guessing this is a result of u-boot configuring/using USB.

> Dynamic retention seems to work only once the system has been in static
> retention once.
>
> Static off mode seems to work, but resume from off kills the UART. The
> system seems to run though, at least LED0 flickers as usual when the
> system runs. Sometimes it hangs and I have seen one reboot.

I have noticed this as well.

I haven't looked at all at the T2 scripts being used on Beagle.  Do
you think some of these issues may be related to those scripts?

Kevin