Re: Is anybody else having problems with SDHC cards on Beagleboard?

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 06:38:38 -0600
"ext David Hagood" <david.hagood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have been trying to bring up a Beagleboard as a development platform
> for a project at work, but I am having a killer problem: any significant
> access of the memory card (a class 8 SDHC 8G card) will die with a
> transfer error, followed by about 10 failed sector accesses, followed by
> the system dying.
>
> I've tried 2 different Beagleboards and 3 different cards by 2 different
> manufacturers, and the problem is repeatable on all permutations. I've
> put the cards into a card reader on my workstation and done a "dd
> if=/dev/sdf of=/dev/null" to verify the cards aren't wedged.

For me both 2 GB microSD and 8 GB class 4 microSDHC cards are working
fine. E.g. no problems with these commands:

dd if=/dev/zero of=foo bs=1M count=500
dd if=foo of=/dev/null

My linux-omap head is

commit 45e5c5ffd32ade5a21a5e87b4040072590ec3ae1
Merge: c699464... 1de9e8e...
Author: Tony Lindgren <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   Sun Jan 18 14:08:53 2009 +0200

    Merge current mainline tree into linux-omap tree

And kernel is built with "make omap3_beagle_defconfig".

Jarkko