Re: v2.6.28-omap1 tagged, some bugs remain

On Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:28:07 +0200
"ext Tony Lindgren" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > You need to have the counterpart (in /sound/soc/omap/omap-mcbsp.c) for
> > that patch, othwerwise there's no chance to hear any DMA transferred
> > audio.
>
> Jarkko, can you post the patch queued up for alsa? We might want to
> have that in linux-omap too.

Patch was made by Misael and I think he is waiting until the plat-omap
part goes into mainline. And which means that OMAP3 audio is broken
until sound/soc/omap/omap-mcbsp.c is patched.

I would say that we wouldn't want to hack with sound/ directory in
linux-omap. Especially code which is not in Takashi's tree since then
we have yet another conflict point if one wants to merge from his tree
on top of linux-omap.

Probably we should revert the patch and split it into three
separate patches:

1. Header change in linux-omap adding those registers (and queue it)
2. Patch to alsa-devel setting default values to those registers
3. Patch to linux-omap writing those registers

Or better: send those two patches to LKML, cc linux-omap and alsa-devel
and let it fall down from -mm or linux-next tree.

Jarkko