Re: new PM branch available

"Nayak, Rajendra" <rnayak@xxxxxx> writes:

> I did some testing today on my 3.0GP 3430SDP. This is with the omap_3430sdp_min_defconfig.
>
> 1) Idle.
> echo -n 1 > /sys/power/clocks_off_while_idle
> echo -n 1 > /sys/power/enable_off
> Could not hit RET. something seems to be still active. Not sure if it could be something
> to do with this error that's thrown while bootup
>
> <6>Disabling unused clock "dpll5_ck"
> Disabling unused clock "dpll5_ck"
> <3>clock: dpll5_ck failed transition to 'locked'
> clock: dpll5_ck failed transition to 'locked'

This is the same results I see on my SDP.

Looking at the registers, I am pretty sure it is the D2D clockdomain
that still has activity, but due to very poor Stacked-mode docs and no
figure this one out.

Help debugging this would be greatly appreciated.

> Further doing a
> echo -n 1 > /sys/power/sleep_while_idle causes a hang after the 5 odd secs
> of UART inactivity.
> Is'nt this option supposed to affect only the suspend path behavior?

No, this affects the common idle loop, with and without CPUidle.

> Is CPUidle disabled in the default defconfig now?
>
> 2) Suspend
> echo -n 1 > /sys/power/clocks_off_while_idle
> Hangs on a echo mem > /sys/power/state
> Goes into suspend, but cannot recover

I'm pretty sure all the hangs going into RET are related.

Kevin