Re: Nokia Internet Tablets

On Mon, 2008.12.22, 357, Otto Solares wrote:
> I want to resurrect missing support for the Nokia Internet Tablets
> starting with the N8x0s for my NITdroid project, which uses just
> standard Linux kernel APIs.

> If it is lack of time of the original developers, I would like to step
> in, willing to try to complete this work as long as you are willing to
> support me with answers to my newbie questions as this devices are in
> plenty operation today but the Nokia kernel is getting really old and
> it's a good thing if we can port all the drivers to standard Linux API.

This is great; I hope you have success.  I (who am new to kernel development
and git) have an N810 and have been trying to get Debian running on it usably;
I do have Debian running, but: no X, no RTC, no audio, and a very short idle
time (on a charge).  Unfortunately I have little free time in which to work on
it.