Re: N810 suspend

Kalle Valo <kalle.valo@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>> I noticed this as well. Any hacks to workaround this? Or do I really
>>> need to start searching for N800? :)
>>
>> hey Kevin,
>>
>> did your serial port idle code ever work out?  I wonder if that would work
>> for the N810s...
>
> Any patches anywhere? I would gladly test something.

The PM branch[1] has a set of UART patches which disable UART clocks
in the idle loop.  The clocks are disabled after an inactivity timer
(default 5 seconds of idle.)

I've tested the UART idle parts on n810 which seem to work, but
hitting retention on n810 seems broken in current linux-omap.  Tony
merged a patch[2] from me last week which was crashing going into
retention, but even with that I'm not able to wakeup from retention.

This could be something as simple as the wakeup event sources are not
configured correctly for n810, but I did not debug further.

Kevin

[1] Branch 'pm' in linux-omap tree
[1] http://marc.info/?l=linux-omap&m=122855013200342&w=2