Re: [patch/rft 2.6.28-rc3-omap] twl4030-core simplification

On Thursday 13 November 2008, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > > I hadn't gotten any test results other than knowing Felipe was
> > > using this.  So I'll hold off a bit on sending the updated
> > > patch to Samuel, probably till end-of-week, on the grounds that
> > > the keypad, battery, and ADC devices didn't get tested yet.
> >
> > The new add_child() works quite ok and simplifies a lot the code. But
> > the regulator driver, I think we can hold a bit as that needs careful
> > testing.
>
> That's to make USB use the twl regulator code, right?

Looks for now like twl4030_usb might be the first thing that's
able to use the regulator code "in all its glory".  Felipe can
gain the glory of being the Official First Guinea Pig.  ;)

No rush on that, IMO.

Next two obvious candidates to use "struct regulator" are the
HSMMC support, and the LCD/touchscreen power domains on some of
the SDPs.

I think providing the board-specific init data for anything
else is likely to be a big PITA, since it presumes the actual
device node is known when the regulator device is created.
That's not always going to be practical.

- Dave