Re: Problems compiling kernel

Dear Sanjeev,

Thanks for your help.

Now, I am building for omap5912osk, and we have a new board omap5912 based. I hope in some months changing my efforts to OMAP35.

Part of my .config file is listed below. The flag CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE was set to "m", I changed to "y". I tried to compile again, but the error still happening. I took a look at .config after compiling and CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE got back to "m" (automatically).

==== .config  ===
#
# CPU Frequency scaling
#
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE=m
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEBUG is not set
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT=m
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT_DETAILS=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_POWERSAVE is not set
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_USERSPACE is not set
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_ONDEMAND is not set
# CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_DEFAULT_GOV_CONSERVATIVE is not set
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_PERFORMANCE=y
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_POWERSAVE=m
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_USERSPACE=m
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_ONDEMAND=m
CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_GOV_CONSERVATIVE=m

#
=============

After, i changed the flags CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE=y and CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_STAT=y.
Then that error didn't occurred again, but another error happened:

====
 CHK     include/linux/compile.h
 CC [M]  drivers/net/b44.o
 Kernel: arch/arm/boot/Image is ready
 LD      arch/arm/boot/compressed/vmlinux
 OBJCOPY arch/arm/boot/zImage
 Kernel: arch/arm/boot/zImage is ready
 Building modules, stage 2.
 MODPOST 1059 modules
FATAL: drivers/net/b44: sizeof(struct ssb_device_id)=6 is not a modulo of the size of section __mod_ssb_device_table=16.
Fix definition of struct ssb_device_id in mod_devicetable.h
make[1]: *** [__modpost] Error 1
make: *** [modules] Error 2
====

Again, thanks for your help

Regards,
Eng. Ramon F. Lilienthal
Project Engineer
Instramed Ltda. - www.instramed.com.br
+55 (51) 33344199 ext. 213

Premi, Sanjeev wrote:
Ramon,

Can you confirm if you have CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE=y in the .config?

The 'undefined' functions in your compile log are defined in drivers/cpufreq/freq_table.c
If you look at Makefile in the same dir, this file is included in compile based on the flag mentioned above.

Which platform are you building for?
Are you sure you haven't disabled CPU_FREQ manually?
If you haven't made any modifications the problem could be in the defconfig?

Though, I believe that cpu-omap.c may also need to be updated to take care of CONFIG_CPU_FREQ OR specifically CONFIG_CPU_FREQ_TABLE.

Best regards,
Sanjeev