RE: omapfb: help from userspace

>The need for this has been discussed on this list a few times in the past.  >Not having it is a bug to me for OMAP3.
>
>There shouldn't really be any performance side effects the way it is being >used.

I agree, I did not notice any performance impact - we are using this setting for couple of months now without any problem. But there are some future compatibility concerns in below thread - it should be fine for OMAP3 though

http://www.mail-archive.com/linux-omap@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx/msg02949.html

> Let's go back to having a strongly ordered memory model.  Please.

On pre-ARMv6, updates to CPSR are guaranteed to take place in program
order with a strongly-ordered memory access. This is still true on
ARMv6/v7 for backward compatibility but the feature is deprecated and it
might not be true for future architecture versions. At some point
barriers might be needed.

Regards,
Pratheesh