Re: Current git head oops'es at boot on Overo

On Monday 06 October 2008, Steve Sakoman wrote:
> Build is stock 62c36fdd962de2db5d62a326490913f41c442a5c, no additional patches.
>
> Without DEBUG_LL, boot silently fails. With DEBUG_LL, one can see that
> the failure is due to a NULL pointer dereference in musb.
>
> I suspect that the root cause is related to:
>
> <3>i2c_omap i2c_omap.1: controller timed out
> <4>twl4030_usb: probe of twl4030_usb failed with error -22
>
> Adding David Brownell's i2c-omap timeout workaround patch eliminates
> this error

Right.  I'd suggest merging that, except that would provide
zero incentive to actually fix the i2c-omap problem.

And I *have* seen those timeout errors on other requests...

> and the boot then fails on EHCI.
>
> I disabled EHCI in defconfig and was able to get the boot to complete.

Ditto.  I suspect one of those no-timeout busy-waits is just
neglecting to complete... :(

>  However unlike others, I find that musb is not functional -- and the
> trick of disconnecting the USB cable and then reconnecting it does not
> work.

I observed the same thing.  More specifically, no IRQs arrive at
the twl4030-usb driver.

The *very same kernel* works fine on Beagle... is there something
different about the USB setup that might explain this?

- Dave