Re: [RFC 0/2] McBSP and ASoC OMAP update patches for 2430 and 34xx

> One thing came to my mind that does your kernel and user space (E)ABI
> match? I rememeber that there were some strange IOCTL related errors
> with ALSA mixers if the kernel was compiled with CONFIG_EABI and
> CONFIG_OABI_COMPAT but Debian was using legacy ABI.

Both kernel and user space are EABI.

I received some new hw to bring up yesterday, so I wasn't able to get
much further on debugging this.  But I did verify that running
'mplayer song.mp3' first before using  'mplayer -ao alsa song.mp3'
resulted in an ioctl trace where substream did *not* go NULL after the
START ioctl.  Very strange!

Hope to get back to it later today if I can finish bringing up the new hw.

Steve