Re: Enabling MUSB support

On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 09:26:34AM -0400, ext Ashwin Bihari wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I'm trying to test out the MUSB support on my OMAP-3530 based device
> with the TWL4030 Phy. I'm using 2.6.22.18 and have tried to enable all

I'll probably start the same discussion again, that's a rather old
kernel. It would be nice to try out current git tree from [1] and report
again if it works or not.

I tried musb on omap2420 (with tusb), omap3430 and omap3530 (beagle
board) and all of them are working.

> different settings related to MUSB and nothing seems to happen. The
> TWL4030_USB driver builds and loads and claims that a cable is plugged
> in even when nothing is plugged in.

Sounds like a bug in twl4030-usb.c

> The "musb_hdrc" driver loads up and registers with IRQs 92 and 93. The
> TWL4030_USB driver registers with IRQ 373. As I plug-in and remove the
> cable from the USB port, no interrupts are generated and the driver is
> completely oblivious to what's happening..

Do you have id pin grounded ?

> I'm trying to configure the MUSB driver as a Host-only to start with,
> I've also tried to set it as OTG with no change.

Use it as otg and put a gadget driver as well, it's better.

> My current ".config" is as follows, could someone point me to any
> configuration option or anything that I'm missing..

I'd just suggest you to use as otg and put a gadget driver.

Which board are you using ? Is it some development board or a custom
board ?

Development boards have a defconfig that might help you.

--
balbi