Re: USB driver issue

Ok, so I've installed 2.6.26 and tested most of the hardware I use. Except hfs everything seems to be working better than with 2.6.24 and much better then 2.6.20 as expected.

I'll give it a try with my server, as you say you do a lot of testing ... and after the hole discussion, I'm understanding your point of better now.

My basic problem is that I'am testing a kind of solution I had in mind time ago, but it still fails for some reason even with the patched 2.4.24 version. I gave it up and didn't test 2.6.25 because I was pretty buzy recently. Now I see it's hard to catch up.

My problem is the follwing one and the question is if it will disapear after I install 2.6.26, or is it a hardware issue. I think somehow the drive does not behave as the others drives I use over usb. I'm using mostly seagate, but this one is WD:

hub 7-0:1.0: debounce: port 2: total 100ms stable 100ms status 0x100
hub 7-0:1.0: state 7 ports 2 chg 0000 evt 0000
usb usb4: suspend_rh (auto-stop)
usb usb5: suspend_rh (auto-stop)
usb usb6: suspend_rh (auto-stop)
usb usb7: suspend_rh (auto-stop)
ub(2.3): dir r len/act 4096/0 [sense 0 00 00] retry 1
ehci_hcd 0000:00:0e.2: port 3 high speed
ehci_hcd 0000:00:0e.2: GetStatus port 3 status 001005 POWER sig=se0 PE CONNECT
usb 2-3: reset high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
usb 2-3: events/0 timed out on ep0in len=0/64
usb 2-3: events/0 timed out on ep0in len=0/64
hub 2-0:1.0: state 7 ports 4 chg 0000 evt 0008
ehci_hcd 0000:00:0e.2: devpath 3 ep0in 3strikes
ehci_hcd 0000:00:0e.2: devpath 3 ep0in 3strikes
ehci_hcd 0000:00:0e.2: GetStatus port 3 status 001002 POWER sig=se0 CSC
hub 2-0:1.0: logical disconnect on port 3
ub(2.3): usb_lock_device_for_reset failed (-19)
hub 2-0:1.0: state 7 ports 4 chg 0008 evt 0008
ehci_hcd 0000:00:0e.2: GetStatus port 3 status 001803 POWER sig=j CSC CONNECT
hub 2-0:1.0: port 3, status 0501, change 0001, 480 Mb/s
usb 2-3: USB disconnect, address 3
end_request: I/O error, dev ubd, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device ubd, logical block 0
end_request: I/O error, dev ubd, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device ubd, logical block 0
Buffer I/O error on device ubd, logical block 0
ldm_validate_partition_table(): Disk read failed.
end_request: I/O error, dev ubd, sector 0
Buffer I/O error on device ubd, logical block 0
end_request: I/O error, dev ubd, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev ubd, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev ubd, sector 0
Dev ubd: unable to read RDB block 0
end_request: I/O error, dev ubd, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev ubd, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev ubd, sector 24
end_request: I/O error, dev ubd, sector 24
end_request: I/O error, dev ubd, sector 0
end_request: I/O error, dev ubd, sector 0
 unable to read partition table
usb 2-3: unregistering device
usb 2-3: usb_disable_device nuking all URBs
usb 2-3: unregistering interface 2-3:1.0
usb 2-3:1.0: uevent
usb 2-3: uevent
hub 2-0:1.0: debounce: port 3: total 100ms stable 100ms status 0x501
ehci_hcd 0000:00:0e.2: port 3 high speed
ehci_hcd 0000:00:0e.2: GetStatus port 3 status 001005 POWER sig=se0 PE CONNECT
usb 2-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 4
ehci_hcd 0000:00:0e.2: port 3 high speed
ehci_hcd 0000:00:0e.2: GetStatus port 3 status 001005 POWER sig=se0 PE CONNECT
usb 2-3: default language 0x0409
usb 2-3: uevent
usb 2-3: usb_probe_device
usb 2-3: adding 2-3:1.0 (config #1, interface 0)
usb 2-3:1.0: uevent
drivers/usb/core/inode.c: creating file '004'
usb 2-3: new device strings: Mfr=2, Product=3, SerialNumber=1
usb 2-3: Product: USB to Serial-ATA bridge
usb 2-3: Manufacturer: Sunplus Technology Inc.
usb 2-3: SerialNumber: WDC WD5000     WD-WMASY0076274
ub 2-3:1.0: usb_probe_interface
ub 2-3:1.0: usb_probe_interface - got id
 ubd: ubd1
usbcore: registered new interface driver ub
usbcore: registered new interface driver usb-storage
USB Mass Storage support registered.