RE: USB driver issue

> On Wed, 2008-07-30 at 21:56 +0530, ext Gadiyar, Anand wrote:
>
> > > Grr. Saying one needs to upgrade to the latest kernel before one can expect
> > > support is a bit like certain proprietary OS vendors - and even they do a better
> > > job than this.
>
> The difference is that an OS vendor usually sells also support.
>
> Even if it was confirmed that the bug exists in a "stable" version, the
> reporter would be asked anyway to verify that it is present in the
> latest code.

Yes. Except that the poor old OP would have a hard time getting the latest
kernel to run on his hardware... :) (Actually, he shouldn't have much of a problem.
So your point is taken).

It would be nice if everyone were to migrate to the latest code, but does that
really take away the fun of solving a problem? I agree we shouldn't try to fix something
that, in all likelyhood, has already been fixed. But is it really so much of an effort for us
to trace a problem without making the OP figure out how to get a totally new kernel
running? Are we really this lazy?

> Of course for TI the business is different, since TI does provide also
> support to customers, but that doesn't imply that others have to follow
> that model.

Oh well! Just because one has a corporate email account... :)

I guess it's time I started using a non-corporate account for work done in my spare time.