BDI3000 JTAG debug on OMAP3

Is anyone using a BDI3000 JTAG debugger for kernel debug on an OMAP3 board? An engineer on my team is evaluating the hardware, but running into some problems. A tip or two would be appreciated from anyone who's got the hardware working. We've already got a separate evaluation of a Lauterbach JTAG debugger working, but the BDI seems to be giving us some trouble. Nothing in the docs or faqs seems relevant.

He can set breakpoints in the kernel and step through code at least halfway through the power up printks sent to the console, but at some point (he's still bisecting the debug) he can no longer interactively halt the kernel, and his breakpoints stop getting hit. The kernel runs just fine, GDB is able to talk to the BDI3000 just fine, but the BDI3000 seems like it's no longer talking to the OMAP (since halt requests timeout).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Josh