Re: Git pull request for omap patches for post 2.6.26

* Russell King - ARM Linux <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [080707 23:06]:
> On Thu, Jul 03, 2008 at 01:11:42PM +0300, Tony Lindgren wrote:
> > Please pull the omap patches for post-2.6.26 from:
> >
> > git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/tmlind/linux-omap-2.6.git omap2-upstream
>
> I pulled this some time back but never merged it - but I did look at it.
>
> However, I never got around to looking at your other patches on the
> mailing list I'm afraid.

Yes, I think you've only commented on the patches in the first series
so far. Let me know if you have any comments on the other patches
and I'll fix them ASAP.

Basically once these patches are merged, we're a only missing board-*.c
files under mach-omap2 to be again mostly in sync with mainline tree for
mach-omap2. So hopefully only one more merge window of lots of patches
after this merge window!

Currently plat-omap and mach-omap1 are pretty close in sync with
mainline tree except for some board-*.c under mach-omap1.

> Looking at what's in this git tree, there's at least a number of commits
> early on which are empty.  I've not really looked much further.

Looks like there were the two already merged fixed still there, I've
run stg clean on the series and rebased against 2.6.26-rc9. I've also
verified that the series applies against your current tree. The location
to pull from is same as earlier.

> Since I've only just remembered about this, I think I'm going to have to
> say "no more" to further community PXA commits this side of the merge
> window to make sufficient time to look at your OMAP stuff properly.

It would be nice to have merging mach-* patches more distributed so
you don't have to spend so much time looking at that stuff.

Regards,

Tony