Re: [Question] MUSB: why not clear DMA interrupt in musbhsdma.c?

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 12:27 PM, Gadiyar, Anand <gadiyar@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> I am trying to enable the whole musb HS DMA code on Blackfin. But
>> found the is no place to clean the DMA interrupt flag in musbhsdma.c.
>> As a result, the irq always happens with the same DMA irq source. I
>> add some code to clear the DMA interrupt. Did I miss something here?
>
> The DMA interrupt register is cleared on a read. I don't think you need
> to explicitly clear it.

Maybe there some difference between Blackfin and OMAP implementation.
>From the Datatsheet of BF54x, it said that:
---
USB DMA Interrupt (USB_DMA_INTERRUPT) Register
The USB_INTRTX register (see Figure 13-9) indicates which of the eight
DMA master channels have a pending interrupt. When the status has been
read by the processor core, the corresponding bit should have a 1 written
to it by the software in order to clear the status.
---

And without the clearing operation, the DMA irq handler will be called endless.

Thanks
-Bryan