Re: omapfb driver support of DSS rotation and mirroring

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 12:07 PM, Syed Mohammed, Khasim <khasim@xxxxxx> wrote:

>  Hi Arun,

Thanks khasim for the reply.

>  > I am working on 2430 SDP and using the latest git kernel.
>  >
>  > I tried to rotate the framebuffer by setting the following in the bootargs
>  > video=omapfb:rotate:90
>  > video=omapfb:rotate:180
>  > video=omapfb:rotate:270
>  >

>  I think it is video=omapfb:rotate=270
I tried this too but not working. I rotated the console using
fbcon, but this has nothing to do with framebuffer rotation

I had a look at the sources of omapfb_main.c

       if (fbdev->ctrl->set_rotate != NULL)
               if((r = fbdev->ctrl->set_rotate(var->rotate)) < 0)
                       return r;

There is no set_rotate defined in dispc.c so the framebuffer is
not rotated at all, am i correct?

>  But I don't see VRFB support for rotation in GIT version of
> FB driver. With DMA based rotation you will end in FIFO
> underflow as it will not be able to meet the bandwidth
> requirement, you can try to port VRFB support to GIT, it
> might look bit complex, I can help you out in understanding
> (if  required).

I will try porting it to git ( Surely help is needed because i am
new), does any body tried it alredy?

Regards,
Arun C