RE: omapfb driver support of DSS rotation and mirroring

Hi Arun,

> I am working on 2430 SDP and using the latest git kernel.
>
> I tried to rotate the framebuffer by setting the following in the bootargs
> video=omapfb:rotate:90
> video=omapfb:rotate:180
> video=omapfb:rotate:270

I think it is video=omapfb:rotate=270

> But it seemed to fail, the penguin is always appearing at the
> top left corner.
>
> Similar way i tried mirroring also, i got the same result.

But I don't see VRFB support for rotation in GIT version of FB driver. With DMA based rotation you will end in FIFO underflow as it will not be able to meet the bandwidth requirement, you can try to port VRFB support to GIT, it might look bit complex, I can help you out in understanding (if required).

Regards,
Khasim